Nicholson Ketch Roebuck
Nicholson 39 Ketch Roebuck from 1977 is for sale! She is privately owned by Christine and Anthony Speed who had her for 16 years and have decided to sell her as they are both in their eighties. She is registered under the British flag, VAT paid. She is in Slano (Dubrovnik), Croatia, which is fantastic if you consider cruising the Mediterranean. The Asking price is € 59,200.
|LOA:||11 m 88 cm|
|Beam:||3 m 50cm|
|Max Draft:||1 m 70 cm|
The Nicholson 39 is an extremely comfortable yacht.
There are 3 cabins, with a maximum of 8 berths, 2 en-suite heads.
Main Cabin – Mahogany saloon table – U-shaped saloon settee that with Table lowered converts to a double berth. Chart table aft of settee. On the opposite side straight settee /berth
Fore cabin with V-shaped berths with infill to make double, hanging lockers & dressing table
Aft cabin with double berth, sofa. dressing table, drawers and hanging locker. Single berth on the starboard side.
2 Heads with manual Jabsco toilet, washbasin and shower (hot and cold water)
Contact us if you are interested.
- Mermaid Melody (Ford 2722) (diesel), Power: 77 HP
- Bow thruster Sliepner Side Power SE80/185T
- Fuel tank: 250 lt
- Water tank: 380 lt
- Holding tank: 250 lt
- Straight shaped galley
- 2 Stainless steel sinks with hot and cold mixer tap
- Stove with 2 burners and oven with grill
- Lots of storage place
- Autopilot Autohelm ST6000
- Multinstrument Raymarine E120
- VHF radio Sailor RT144
- Echo sounder
- Wind instrument
- Compass Sestrel
- 70A Alternator 8A, automatic main charger
- Electric water pump (+manual)
- Electric windlass Simpson Lawrence “Francis”
- Shore power connection 220/240V
- Teak decks
- Steering wheel wooden & stainless steel
- Instruments. repeaters over main hatch in cockpit
- Bow Anchor with Bruce 50m chain
- Stern anchor Bruce 30m chain & rope
- Cockpit cushions (blue colour)
- 2x 44 ST Lewmar winches. Plus others for reefing on main & mizzen etc
- Aluminium main and mizzen mast with aluminium booms
- Slab Reefing
- Blue zippered Canvas Sail Bags for Main & Mizzen sails
- Fully battened mainsail (from 2010) with slab reefing
- Mizzen (from 2010) with slab reefing
- Roller genoa
- Arun Cruising Chute & pole
- Original #1 Jib in good condition amended for roller reefing
- Sprayhood with opening centre panel (white colour)
- Bimini top (blue colour)
- Gangway (bow & stern)
- Swimming ladder (stainless steel & teak)
- 2 Gas bottles
Why we are selling RoebuckMy husband had always wanted a Nicholson 39 and when a friend said that he was selling his he said “Yes” immediately, as our previous wooden boat was becoming heavy to handle with no winches and few luxuries. Roebuck was a complete contrast!! This was our favourite boat, but will unfortunately be our last after48 years of boat ownership.
Roebuck has always performed incredibly well and is a very good sea boat in storms, quite a few of which we have experienced. It was always great to arrive in port after bad weather knowing that we could relax with all the comforts that Roebuck had to offer.
She was ahead of her time with design, even having two heads, both of which can be made en suite if required, a great advantage with visiting guests.
Roebuck is an incredibly well equipped boat for cruising in the Mediterranean. She has plenty of sunbathing space and she also has an amazing bathing ladder which a small person can stand on up to upper chest level!!
We sadly now have to say “Goodbye” to her both being in our 80s and hope she finds a home with family and friends who can enjoy her and love her as much as we have.